Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Thank-You Dist 4 Voters

I would like to extend a very big thank-you to all who voted for me to represent you again as your district 4 councilor. Thank-you!

It has been an anti-incumbent year in politics. The Dems beat out the Republicans on the national scene.

Closer to home we see that the incumbent in Salem lost his race

In Londonderry the chairman who some consider a taxpayer advocate actually as of this writing is in a tie vote ( re-count will be coming and if still a tie, a coin toss will decide the race) Very Close race!!!

And as you can see no matter what your politics may be- Incumbents are getting the heave -ho.

So, In my race, I was able to be re-elected again for a three year term.

My opponent, Joe Dichairo ran a very good race and did a good job. I would like to thank him for running a good race! I did not see Joe at Town hall when they announced the results and so I wish to say so in this blog.

I would also like to congratulate Rick Metts and Brent Carney for their wins to the council and look forward to working with them and the rest of the council this year.

And Lastly, the charter was defeated! I want to thank the voters for recognizing the fact that this was very bad for our community the way that it was proposed, however I want to thank the commissioners and the community for a better Derry in accomplishing getting more voters to the polls!

2 comments:

wh3 said...

BC, Your welcome. And thanks for a non ripped flag on this site.AS Martha Stewart says: "Its a good thing".

Just to let you know, another DERRY business man went to Walmart after reading your blog avenue and had them replace the ripped and tattered American flag on there pole. THANKS Mike.

I think one of the reasons you won so many votes is you showed the voters that you won't be intimidated by another councilor griping about this blog avenue.
Another reason is not every one working for a better Derry is dishonest or just plain stupid.

I did wish that MR. Hophgarten could have stayed because he is conservative,and tried to put the brakes on alot of needless spending. I don't believe this Metts guy is going to pave Derry with a yellow brick road. If his taxes go up,he can just tack another dollar on a box of clams and makes another 100 grand a yr.

Here's a thought BC, let him vote himself a 90 thousand dollar a year job as head of the DEDC ,He can resign,take the job and make good business decisions for brining in money to the town of Derry. Hell, he has a good track record for making money. Somehow thou, rich people making decisions about the common folk doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy inside. Is he going to have the taxpayers interest at heart when voting on detail ordinances or anything that effects his business, of course not.

So Bc, we still need a good watch dog at council meetings in Derry. Seven to Fifteen Thousand Dollars a yr. for taxes is alot of CLAMS!!!!!!

BC said...

Wh3,
Thanks again! I will do my best to be a "watch dog" for our town.!