Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Derry News Endorses Chirichiello 3/7

I sincerely appreciate the endorsement from the Derry News Today. They have printed some very kind words in their editorial about me and I was very happy, that they stated I deserve another term as councilor dist#4 and that it was clear to them that I care about Derry.

Many people try and label some councilors through-out the year as " the good old boys" or this person doesn't listen to citizens or just try and paint you with a broad brush to score some political points.

I have tried very hard this year to not let the "naysayers", the people who say negative things about us get to me. I do understand that it's politics but at the end of the day, it sometimes gets frustrating when you are working on doing the very best you can for your community and not looking at this as politics per Se, but as doing my part for my community.

To read the editorial for all to see.... and the very kind words printed, says to me that yes, I am not perfect and I do have my faults just like every other councilor, but they can see that I do care about Derry, and that I can make a difference. This means a great deal to me.. Thank You Derry News.

I will share with you the editorial from Wed 3/7

Chirichiello
deserves another term in office


The Derry News hasn't always agreed with decisions made by Derry Town Council Chairman Brian Chirichiello. In fact, in the past year we quite often disagreed with him, on matters ranging from his decision to ask police to staff council meetings, to starting up his own blog on town issues without identifying himself as the author, to asking taxpayers to pick-up his $900 legal bill. Neither were we thrilled when he went about initiating a search for an interim town administrator via private e-mail, rather than discussing it at a council meeting.
Disagreements aside, it's very clear to us just how much Chirichiello cares about Derry. Why else would he agree to serve as chairman during such a volatile a time in the town's history?
During the past year, Chirichiello has shown he can take the heat, and that he understands sometimes it's worth taking criticism to heart.
Chirichiello has shown signs of developing into a strong leader. And at a time when the town is divided into pro- and anti-charter change camps and about to embark on a new search for a town administrator, the council needs someone with strong experience and leadership skills at the helm. For these reasons, Brian Chirichiello is our choice for Derry's District 4 Town Councilor.

Thanks again Derry News and to all of the citizens who have given me encouragement throughout this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, and thank you for your service. I hope I may one day serve Derry as well as you have. Nick Arancio